Gerald Clarke: Falling Rock
A mid-career survey of contemporary Native American artist Gerald Clarke. A member of the Cahuilla Band of Indians, Clarke utilizes wit and humor to expose historical and present-day injustices found in critical social, economic, and environmental issues facing our world. Clarke derives artistic inspiration from his homeland's cultural heritage and its desert and mountain environment, expressing traditional ideas in surprising and contemporary forms. His diverse artistic output resonates with histories of assemblage, pop, conceptual, and politically engaged art produced by both Native and non-native artists. On view through May 31.
Cost: Museum admission: $$6-$14. Free to all Thurs. after 4 & 2nd Sunday of every month.
314 S Cahuilla Rd
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Other Dates & Times
- Sunday, May 31, 2020, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday, May 22, 2020, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Monday, May 4, 2020, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday, May 16, 2020, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- ↓ Show All
More Event Ideas
- More Events on April 18, 2020
- Saturday, Apr 18, 8:00 PM
- 2020 Be Kind To Your Mind 1M 5K 10K 13.1 26.2 \u2013Colorado Springs at sea mountain awarded luxury hotel spa and couples nude spaSaturday, Apr 18, 2:00 AM
- Saturday, Apr 18, 7:00 PM